An Education Record is:
Any record maintained by the institution that contains information that is personally identifiable to a student in whatever format or medium.
- Records in the “sole possession of the maker” (e.g., private advising notes).
- Law enforcement records created and maintained by a law enforcement agency for a law enforcement purpose.
- Employment records unless the employment was based on a student status.
- Medical/psychological treatment record
- Alumni records – those created after the student graduated or left the institution.