To apply for Financial Aid you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid available at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Saint Joseph's University's school code is 003367.
- When filling out the FAFSA, you will be prompted to link to the IRS website, which will display your tax information and give you the option of transferring the data to your FAFSA. We recommend taking advantage of the IRS Data Retrieval option if you and/or your parents have filed your 2012 taxes prior to completing the FAFSA. If you are selected for verification and opted out of the IRS Data Retrieval process, you will have to submit an IRS tax transcript directly from the IRS to complete the federal verification process.
An email notification will be sent to your SJU email account when packages are available to view and accept. If you do not receive an email within 10 business days, please check MySJU. If nothing listed contact Hawk Central.
To accept aid online via MySJU:
- Log into MySJU
- Select the School Services Tab
- Under Administrative Services, choose the Financial Aid Folder; Award Folder; Award by Aid Year
- Select the 2014-2015 Aid Year, if this is the first time you are logging into the 2014-2015 aid year, you are required to answer the Cash Management Statement.
- Once you answer and submit, the Award Offer tab will be available
- Select the Award Offer tab
- From here, please accept the desired aid and submit
- If you have questions, there is a comment box provided. Please type a message to your Financial Services Specialist and submit.
To view required documents for Federal Verification:
- Log into MYSJU
- Select the School Services Tab
- Under Administrative Services, choose the Financial Aid Folder; Eligibility Folder; Student Requirements
- Select the 2014-2015 Aid Year
- Please submit signed documents within 45 business days by mail or fax at 610-660-1019.
For new student borrowers who are accepting Federal Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loans:
- Go to https://studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/index.action and log into Manage My Direct Loan.
- The four digit pin number used to electronically sign your FAFSA will be your electronic signature.
- Complete Entrance Loan Counseling
- Sign a Master Promissory Note
- These online forms MUST be completed to receive Federal Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized funds even if you have a promissory note on file with a previous lender.
To calculate the amount needed for a Parent PLUS loan or alternative loan:
- Take the Cost of Attendance (COA) figure listed in MySJU (Under: Administrative Services, click on Financial Aid, select Award, select Award by aid year and then select Award Overview)
- Subtract total accepted grants, scholarships and federal student loans
- Do not include work study funds in this calculation. Funds are paid directly to students as earned.
- This figure is your "out of pocket" expenses that you may choose to finance.
- Apply for the Parent PLUS loan at https://studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/index.action and log into Manage My Direct Loan.
- Students must research and choose a lender for alternative loans, then notify Hawk Central once the funds are approved.
Contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at 610.660.1300 about financial aid for incoming undergraduate students.